Monday 24 August 2015

Variations #1 & #2

Are you familiar with these two tangles?

The tangle on the left is EDDY, created by Suzanne McNeill. You can see the instructions for drawing it here.

The tangle on the right is LaBEL, created by Sue Jacobs. The instructions for drawing it can be found here.

As you can see, they are quite different, but notice how they share the same "base", or the starting point. Have you noticed? Of course you have, even before I started writing this post. :)

A while ago I wanted to try something similar - use the same base to create different tangles. And here I will be, in series, presenting my attempts.

I will call my tangles - tangles. Yes, some of them will be representative, but I've tried to follow the Zentangle principle of "one stroke at the time" and attempted to finish them in six (or less - or more. :)) steps.

Hope you like them. Would love to see what you did with them if you use them in your art, and especially, please DO share if you have attempted to create similar tangles.

Note: Although I alternate the loops (the twirly bases) in alternate directions, try to use the tangles with the "loops" facing the same direction as well. You might be surprised by what you achieve. 

They also make nice borders for zendalas.

Phew! Such a long introduction. Mind you - English is not my parent tongue (as you might have noticed if you have read the above sentence: "I alternate the loops in alternate directions" :D), so I might need a few more words just to make sure I am understood.

Here it goes: VARIATIONS #1 and #2:

click for a larger view
P.S. - I had SOOO much fun inventing the names for the tangles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment